Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Leisure, Hobbies or Recreation

I am beginning to understand that it is important to take short breaks every now and then. It is also important to schedule leisure time or time for creation whether on my own or with my family and friends. I also began to enjoy my hobbies better and develop new ones.

Walks

I enjoy taking brisk walks or just simply walk at the beach or a garden. Now I realized that in the past I led life that is too busy and imbalance. I didn’t have time to go for walks. Even if I do, I do not know how to enjoy it. But recently, I have begun to enjoy walking in a different sense. I am enjoying walks and nature. I enjoy looking at flowers, trees, plants, birds, cats and other animals. I sometimes enjoy watching people too :-)

I love to look at little children playing or doing things. I look at their reactions and facial expressions. Children are very lovely and we can learn a lot from their little life :-)

Photography

As I began to enjoy walking, I also began to pick up photography. When I go for my walks, I saw and appreciate God’s creation in many different ways. I started to use a digital camera to capture some of these precious moments. I am often awed by the beauty of God’s creations and they remind me of His majesty.

In particular, I love to go to the beach and watch the waves. Somehow, they have a soothing effect on me. I am reminded that our light affliction is but a drop of water in the seas of God’s mercies.

***************************

My Coping Strategies:

1. Looking to God

2. Accepting the diagnosis

3. Medical Helps

4. Balance lifestyle

4a. Exercise

4b. Omega-3 fish oil supplements

5. Research and readings

6. Mood tracking and Journalling

7. Learning to cope with stress and challenges

8. Leisure, hobbies and recreations

9. Support Network (family, church, friends, etc)

10. Counselling / Talk Therapy

11. Correcting faulty thoughts patterns

No comments: