Through this illness, I came to the realization that I was leading a lifestyle that was terribly imbalance in the past. My days consist mostly of work, home and church. I was also often fulfilling the role of a care-giver with little respite. I do not do exercise regularly, do not consciously eat balanced meal, have little time for relaxation or recreation, and did not take time to learn how to manage stress in my life.

I am learning that it will benefit me if I have a more regular patterns of daily activities including enough sleep, eat a balance meal with some supplements if necessary, and have regular exercise and physical activities plus developing meaningful relationship and friendships in my life. And learning to manage the stress in my life better and take breaks or have time of relaxation and recreations.

I am benefitting from a combinations of the above. I will share about them in subsequent posts :-)

*****************************

My Coping Strategies:

1. Looking to God

2. Accepting the diagnosis

3. Medical Helps

4. Balance lifestyle

4a. Exercise

4b. Omega-3 fish oil supplements

5. Research and readings

6. Mood tracking and Journalling

7. Learning to cope with stress and challenges

8. Leisure, hobbies and recreations

9. Support Network (family, church, friends, etc)

10. Counselling / Talk Therapy

11. Correcting faulty thoughts patterns