Friday, March 7, 2008

Don't be discouraged

Sometimes it is easy to be discouraged when things do not turn out the way we wish them to or people do not appreciate what we are doing. Thank God for the reminders through His Words that we are not to be weary in well-doing, for one day we shall reap if we faint not (Galatians 6:9).

It is my prayers that God will continue to enable me to do my best for Him daily because of His love for me. I want to love God and love the people He places in my life, by doing my best for God and for them. It is not so much about taking pride in a job well-done, but rather it is in being able to live in gratitude to God. And reflecting His love and grace to others so that His name may be greatly magnified and His saving grace made known.

Don't be discouraged if your efforts
are sometimes greeted with indifference.
The sun puts up a wonderful show at daybreak
yet most of the people in the audience go on sleeping.



This beautiful picture is taken by my friend, Heng Sau, at Tai Po, Hong Kong.


And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 2 Thessalonian 3:13


For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10


No comments: