Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Email 5 - 31 March 2007: Thank God able to sleep better with new medications

Dear brethren,

Thank God for His faithfulness. I was able to sleep better last night. Though I still wake up in the night, I was able to drift back to sleep more easily. I am up early this morning, feeling much rested! Thank God! Thanks again for your prayers.

I am greatly encouraged by God’s mercies and goodness to me despite my many sins, failures and lack of faith many times. As believer, we also suffer all kinds of diseases and face all kinds of difficulties just like any other non-believers. But the difference is that we have the sweet assurance that all things are working together for God’s glory and our good no matter what the Lord in His sovereignty allows us to go through …. even when it is deep valley.

The Psalmist said in Psalm 119:71, “It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.” I am thankful to God for this affliction too which enable me to know God in a more experiential way. The many precious Bible passages and doctrines which I am learning daily, becomes very real to me through this difficult time. I felt very sensibly that the Lord is sustaining me and working things out for His glory and my good. I am thankful to God that I can know more of His love and faithfulness through this difficult experience. I am thankful to God also for all the prayers and support of you and many of our brethren. I thank God that through these correspondences, I am able to catch up with some brethren, strengthen my friendship with many brethren, and even build new friendship with some brethren. All glory be to God!

Thanks again for praying and making time to read and write. May we be reminded always of God’s love and faithfulness as we journey towards the celestial city with all the various challenges which are sovereignly allowed in our life by our Lord Who loves us and gave His life for us. May He deepens our love and devotion for Him, increase our love for His beloved people and give us fresh passion for the salvation of lost sinners. May we live joyfully and gratefully for His glory and labour on in His service.

Many thanks again for your fellowship, encouragements and support through the years! May you too know the love and faithfulness of God in many wonderful ways daily. All praise and glory be to God!

“Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.” Psalm 73:25-26

Lamentations 3
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

With appreciation and gratefulness,


Some replies from my friends and brethren-in-Christ whom I shall keep anonymous unless they give me permission to put their names on this webpage:


Dear sister,

Thanks for sharing. We are sinners living in a sinful world. We use the means that God provides for our good, yet the same time our hope and comfort is in the Word. The earth will pass away, but His word shall abide forever.

Sincerely


Dear sister,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We rejoice to know that God is working out His perfect will in your life. In particular, we are thrilled to learn that you are begining to understand yourself (in particular your thought patterns) thru the help of a christian counsellor. The Lord bless her!

Praying and rejoicing with you,


Hi sister,

it is encouraging to read your testimony, and we would praise the Lord for His faithfulness in His dealings with His children. Indeed we can rest upon the assurance that He works all things well for the ultimate benefits of His children, eventho’ it is hard sometimes to understand or even accept the present circumstances. We’ll be praying for you. May the Lord grant you recovery from this season of illness that you may be enabled to serve Him for His glory.

Take care…


Dear sister,

Sorry, I did not know you went through a very difficult period. Must have been very trying for you. Glad to know you are recovering well. Thank you for sharing with me. One lesson learned from you is we must not take our well-being for granted. We need support and guidance from the God we worship, our family and friends.


No comments: